Friday, July 25, 2003

Another Longtime Reader Writes...

"...Do you have issues with Christianity?"

You are Proverbs
You are Proverbs.

Which book of the Bible are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Hmmm. Gentle Reader must have noticed all that embedded Christian imagery in my previous posts. In a word, Gentle Reader, the answer is "Yes."

It's a love-hate, You're-making-me-damned-confused, leave-me-the-hell-alone-no-wait-save-me thing. I think it stems from my being a Roman Catholic --who strongly identifies with Buddhists and Sufis-- living with Folk Catholic, Pre-Vatican II Catholic, and Non-Denominational Christian Fundamentalist relatives. I think this uneasy coexistence is more common in the archipelago these days, what with the seemingly increased missionary activities of all sorts of religious groups.

I promise I'll go into this at greater length sometime soon. There's just so much to say, and very little space or time (I'm in an Internet place).

No comments: