Sunday, March 28, 2004

Taking the Ian Quiz

Not to find out about my Ian-ness, mind you. But it is a Sunday, and for once this week, I have free rein over my time.

The last thing you ate: A glorious bowl of squid, pork beef and veggies at the Mongolian Grill. It's right up there with Ma Mon Luk's the Original Mami (pork+chicken, noodles and assorted veggies in broth) on my list of favorite foodstuffs.

Last great meal you had (where and when): See above.

Favorite meal of the day: Dinner! Lunch!

Pork, Chicken or beef? BEEF, if it's a well-prepared steak, or the main ingredient in a native soup that co-stars potatoes, cabbage, lettuce, string beans and assorted spices.

Favorite Fish: Tuna! Especially if it's raw!

Favorite Carbohydrate: Tossup between rice and potatoes.

Favorite dessert: Strictly speaking, I consider another helping of the past meal as dessert.

Favorite ice cream flavor: Strawberry. Vanilla. I don't know how ice cream's evolved now so I'm quoting from my youth.

Cake or Pie? Pie. Apple. Peach Mango. Banana Cream pie. God is soooo good!

Favorite Candy Bar: None yet, but we'll fix that, won't we?

Favorite Cookie: Oatmeal.

Favorite fruit: All my gay friends. Kidding. Tossup between apples, oranges and passionfruit.

Favorite International Cuisine: Ian and I are sushi whores. However, for noodles swimming in hot broth or for pork liver swimming in glucose-rich sauce, Chinese and its Fil-Chinese bastard son are king! Have grown fond of Thai food.

Favorite fast food place: Depends on my mood and my levels of privation. KFC and Chowking.

Favorite Restaurant: Gary's-- I mean, Max's.

Current food trip: Vegetarian meals from Bodhi! Eye yam torning Hindu bifowr my beri eyes-- whch wouldn't be so bad if I weren't already a Buddhist Catholic.

Favorite TV snack: What used to be called Cerelac.

Favorite drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic): Rootbeer. Of course, I'm developing a very nasty co?o taste for flavored water. But fresh fruit juice-- orange, apple-- is a co?o affectation I most heartily approve of. For alcohol, ye can't go wrong with a robust dark beer. It's a little hard to find where I live, so I settle for Danding Cojuangco's saving grace: San Mig light/ice.

Last extravagance you allowed yourself: Writing for my blog.

Food that you absolutely CANNOT tolerate: Ian hates Ginger? But she's a nice, competent gal with a high-pressure piloting job... oh, he meant food. I'm a picky eater. Maybe I've repressed the memories of those times I swallowed something I could not stand.

Food that you would LOVE to eat but can't: A steak at Chili's every week.

Weird food you used to eat as a kid: Don't go there... please.

Weird food combination you eat now: Donuts and pesticide. Tried it once, by accident. Wouldn't advise it.

If you had 10,000 dollars to spend on food and no physical complications (allergies, cholesterol problems, etc) what would you eat? A lot of sushi.

You get home at 10 pm, and everyone's asleep. You're tired but hungry, and have to make dinner for yourself. What do you make? Slop. See below: ""Do you cook?"

Snack of your own invention: See below: ""Do you cook?"

How do you like your steak? Medium Rare. Cooked with plenty of garlic, Served with mashed potatoes and sauteed garlic butter mushrooms and onions. Yum.

Guilty pleasure: Appreciating Women.

Foods no longer around that you miss:That liver dish from chinatown. Not that it's gone-- I just can't get to it anymore.

Do you cook? Yes.

If yes, what's the dish you are most proud of? I deal in novelty food-- like my Hindu Style Corned Beef? and my Islamic Pork?. When I cook, I try to favor baking over frying. I've done wonders with spicy boneless lean chicken and my attempt at a decent pilaf. I also do great slop: tomqato sauce, beans and most leftover meat plus spices and last night's rice.

Make your own ice cream sundae: I can't yet. But we'll fix that.

If you could only eat FIVE foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Pizza, Max's fried chicken, Sushi, Java Rice and a real big steak.

Is this quiz making you hungry? Yes.

What's the food you plan to eat after this quiz? A Bowl from Mongolian Grill

No comments: