Saturday, April 30, 2005

(Paraphrased) Headlines and Commentary

Haydee Yorac Resigns
I'm not surprised. Often, the casualties of government service are well-meaning and competent people who rock the boat, or threaten to do so. The competent leave, the jack@$$es stay. The system perpetuates itself. There are times when I almost find myself tempted to buy into the Red assessment of my country's woes: "Our society is rotting from within and the cancer must be excised with a hot Revolutionary knife."

Punongbayan Dies in 'Copter Crash
Given that our bright minds are emigrating in droves, I have to ask: where are we going to get another batch of competent consientious scientists to replace him and the other five who died in the crash?

Most Students Drop Out Because of Poverty
So when did the genius writer find this out?

No comments: