Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Got this from Madz who got this from Dek:

TEN RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:

1. I am an English Nazi. Mistakes in written and spoken English tick me off.
2. Happily I value people more than proper grammar and phonetics though. Most of the time. Besides, I've made my share of such mistakes.
3. I love teaching. I love it when people's eyes light up at the discovery of something previously unknown. I love being part of that process.
4. I began to fully appreciate Star Trek when I saw the original series episode Balance of Terror in my early teens. I have admired Gene Roddenberry, William Shatner, DeForest Kelley, Leonard Nimoy and Mark Lenard ever since.
5. My friend Carlo says I have three kinds of laugh: happy, crazy and evil.
6. I disagree with Carlo. I likely have other kinds of benign laughter.
7. People in the service industry still tend to mistake me for a woman, never mind that I had short hair, hairy legs and facial stubble. I sh_t you not, my Diliman friends have seen this happen many times. The only time it stopped was when I wore my business suit.
8. Right now, I only have one business suit. To get different looks I just change the shirt and tie.
9. I love it when a woman smiles. Each smile is as unique and as lovely as the woman herself. It doesn't matter if she's described by some as a toothless old hag. If she smiles because she is happy, that smile is a God-given gift.
10. I shoulda been a voice actor.

NINE PLACES I'VE VISITED:

1. Sendai, Japan --it's cold and it's scenic
2. Kofu City, Japan --the women are beautiful
3. Akihabara -- you really can get a bargain on new and discarded technology there.
4. Singapore --It was like I'd never left home (crawling with Filipinos)
5. Baguio City --I'm in love with the steak house.
6. Paete -- I somehow found myself on a plateau that was being used as a glorified rice terrace. Then I found out I had to climb some more.
7. Quezon City in Quezon Province --in search of a business opportunity and long lost friends
8. Calauan, Laguna in '92, at the height of the media mess surrounding Mayor Sanchez's raping and killing of two UP students. --Was accosted by a disgruntled and then-jobless Calauan cop because I was a UPLB student.
9. Los Banos, Laguna -- this place will always have my heart, as long as the friends I've made there relive those cherished Los Banos memories.

EIGHT THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE:

1. Get rich-- getting there. I hate the fact that in this country, money washes you clean better than safeguard.
2. Land that book deal-- getting there. and if it blows up in my face, I can sell poetry on stapled sheets of paper.
3. Voice act --or just act. Done it; wanna do it again
4. Marry, have a kid or adopt.
5. Learn Shao Lin kung fu --getting there
6. Travel to China
7. Change someone's life for the better.
8. Find out that I do have a legacy, and that it's good.

SEVEN WAYS TO WIN MY HEART: (almost word-for-word, Madz's original list)

1. Trust me. Listen to me. Allow me to listen to you.
2. Laugh. Smile-- I'm a sucker for smiles.
3. Hold my hand in unexpected moments...
4. ...and learn to let go when I need to be alone.
5. Flaws, imperfections or pain. Don't be afraid to show it around me
6. Be compassionate and passionate.
7. Having your own views and not be afraid to clash with mine and yet understanding in the end.

SIX THINGS I BELIEVE IN:

1. The inherent goodness and perfectibility of Man
2. A loving God
3. When robbed of meaning you must make your own
4. I agree with Madz. Choose your battles and enemies like you choose your friends. Saves you headaches.
5. Work in moderation; play in moderation
6. Don't fight with a man you have no quarrel with, let him be as you would like to be treated.

FIVE THINGS I'M AFRAID OF: (again, borrowing heavily from Madz)

1. Finding out everyone else was right.
2. Losing a loved one's esteem.
3. Failure.
4. Having an accident/sickness resulting in being an invalid or dependent on others for the rest of my life.
5. That I would lose my way and turn out into what I abhor most and it was my fault.

FOUR SONGS ON MY MIND:
1. Neon- John Mayer
2. Harbor- Vienna Teng
3. Bizarre Love Triangle- New Order
4. Sticks and Stones- Dale Ibay (that schmuck was a former band mate).

THREE THINGS I TOUCH EVERYDAY:
1. all sorts of surfaces-- these tell me what I'm dealing with. I'm like a sighted blind man
2. hands, arms-- you're very important to me if I squeeze yours
3. pigments-- You can only do so much with brushes. Might as well finger paint while you're at it.

TWO THINGS I AM TRYING NOT TO DO RIGHT NOW:

1. Screw up.
2. Break

ONE PERSON I WANT TO SEE RIGHT NOW:
1. Saint Issa

1 comment:

swampy said...

going to HK from Manila is cheap. cheaper than going to Boracay as far as i'm concerned. and it is technically China. so that would fulfill that one thing to do.