Sunday, January 20, 2008

The secret's out: I'm really a gay gossip columnist

Gabby's (not Rosemary's) Baby

I assiduously avoid local television. Really. But this tidbit is so pervasive that it reached me, in spite of my determination to be a Grinch-y recluse.

The man has a new kid. He's coming home and to work on another project with one of the local television channels. After two failed marriages, a washed up acting career and an album that doesn't seem to have made a dent in the music scene, he deserves a break. He's likely spent his years in exile improving himself and striking out into other fields.

I wish him the best of luck. Really. I'm Sharonian enough to generate a reflex opprobrium when this guy's name is mentioned. But I've been very familiar with the multiple-level exile he's been on so the opprobrium doesn't stick so much or feel as strong.

* * *
Concert Couple Comeback?

Estranged concert royalty Martin Nievera and Pops Fernandez are due to give each other some long overdue face-time. I remember being mildly upset when I first heard that they were breaking up years ago. They made such a wonderful-seeming couple. My heart beat (or broke) to their songs when I was in high sch-- I mean, Back In the Day.

Martin is cautiously optimistic. He advises fans not to expect anything out of the get-together, but to pray for a better life for himself and Pops respectively.

Wishing
them luck too, whatever those two wind up deciding to do.

* * *
Portentous? Significant to showbiz shunning me? I have no idea.

No comments: